The documents contained in the Service are presented for information purposes only. The material is in no way intended to replace professional medical care or attention by a qualified practitioner.
The materials in the Service cannot and should not be used as a basis for diagnosis or choice of treatment. The materials are not exhaustive, and the Service cannot always reflect all the most recent research in all areas of medicine. Information on the Service presents the more commonly found aspects of medical conditions which are likely to be of general interest, and for editorial reasons may not include certain substantive and commonly found phenomena.
Healthtalk Australia strongly advises all users with health problems to consult a doctor, who will be trained in observation and interpretation of symptoms and will be able to provide a proper diagnosis based on a knowledge and understanding of all aspects of your condition and your medical history.
Healthtalk Australia does not accept any liability for any claims, losses or damages (whether direct or indirect) to any person who does rely on the content of this website. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Healthtalk Australia or through or from the Service shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in the Terms.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- All material contained on this site (including its selection and arrangement) is protected by copyright or other proprietary rights which belong to Healthtalk Australia and its licensors. All rights are fully reserved. DIPEX is a trade mark of the UK company, DIPEx, Company No 4178865.
- All data obtained by Healthtalk Australia is held and used in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- You are not permitted to change, store, copy, publish, sell or distribute any material on this website without our prior consent in writing.
- We may provide links to sites owned and operated by third parties. We have not reviewed all of the third party websites linked on this site and do not endorse the content of such sites. If you visit such sites, this is undertaken at your own risk.
- You agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk and it is provided by us on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We give no warranties in connection with the site including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for any particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights. Subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in the Australian Consumer Law, we make no warranty that:
- the website and/or any information will meet your requirements;
- your access to and use of the site will be continuous, timely, secure, or error-free; or
- any errors or inaccuracies will be corrected.
- If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this will not be at our risk or expense. Healthtalk Australia does not accept responsibility for damage arising from unavailability of the website or from the introduction of a virus, worm, trojan, or other harmful or disruptive component to any computer used by you as a result of using this website.
- You agree to fully indemnify us in respect of any and all losses and expenses (including legal fees) incurred by us in connection with any breach by you of these Terms.
- These Terms form the entire agreement between us in connection with your use of the website and supersedes all other prior agreements between us.
- Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Terms. Your use of the Service will be governed by the most recent Terms posted on this website. By continuing to use the Service, you agree to be bound by the most recent Terms. It is your responsibility to check the website regularly for updated versions of the Terms.
- Any legal action or proceedings arising between you and Healthtalk Australia in relation to this website shall be governed by the law of Victoria and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State and the Commonwealth of Australia.
- The source of financing of any research for any Healthtalk Australia website must be based on the ethical funding policy followed by all DIPEx International members. As part of this policy, websites should not carry any commercial advertising, and the Resources and Information page should list only not-for-profit and government organisations relevant to the health condition in question.
Last updated: 15 April 2016